I feel like I’m the only one who isn’t upset by Diana/Clark news, and I suppose that fact upsets me a little. Because those are characters I love, and I should care what happens to them, but… nope. Not anymore. I seriously have no more feels to feel. Since the…
Watching my SO try to play Batman: Arkham City as Catwoman (Cat Woman? CatWoman? Catwoman.) after months of not playing it is one of the more entertaining things I’ve watched all month.
About the Giveaway:
- All books are used but in good condition (I take care of my books) and are looking for good homes as I still don’t have room on my bookshelves for the books I am keeping. If you win them please take care of them, read them and treat them well. I will not ask for compensation for any of the books (except for possibly shipping (see: Rules)) just that whoever wins them treats them with care.
- I will pick four winners. The first will get to choose the set of his/her choice and the second will choose from what is left etc. If you are chosen last and do not like the books you have won please tell me as I’m sure I could find a winner who would be more happy to read them.
- The book categories are loose, I know. I did the best I could to sort them into four categories. ;~;
- Science Fiction (Top Left). The Lost Books #1-4 by Ted Dekker, Worldshaker by Richard Harland, The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula K. Le Guin and Runemarks by Joanne Harris.
- Romance/Fantasy (Top Right). Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley, A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink, The Vampire Diaries (The Awakening and The Struggle) by L. J. Smith, Dust City by Robert Paul Weston, XVI by Julia Karr, Buffy the Vampire Slayer volume 1 by John Vornholt and as a bonus Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks.
- Diverse Romance (Bottom Left). Old Magic by Marianne Curley, the Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, the Anti-Prom by Abby Mcdonald, the Leap by Jonathan Stroud, Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs, Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen, the Center of the Universe yep, that would be ME by Anita Liberty, the Anatomy of Wings by Karen Foxlee and as a bonus Gothic Lolita by Dakota Lane.
- The Maximum Ride Set (Bottom Right). The Angel Experiment (not pictured but included), School’s Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, the Final Warning, MAX, FANG and as a bonus the Dangerous Days of Daniel X all by James Patterson.
- Reblog as many times as you’d like without spamming your followers. Likes count.
- You do not have to be following me to enter but every one reblog or like by one of my followers will count as five entries.
- Winners must have an open ask box and be willing to provide address or I will be forced to pick a new winner.
- I will ship anywhere but if the shipping price goes over $50 I will ask for compensation for shipping. Keep in mind that I live in Massachusetts before you enter.
- Winner will be decided using a random number generator.
- Giveaway ends August 22nd.
- Questions? Send me an ask.
- GOOD LUCK!EDIT: Keep in mind that if you delete this text you will be disqualified from the contest.
FOUR MORE HOURS! GOOD LUCK :D
featuring special guest appearance by bill nighy
I’m sorry that is the greatest picture of Bill Nighy I’ve ever seen
Some of the 648 Journalists murdered since 1992
Beats Covered by Victims *
15% Human Rights
(* May add up to more than 100 percent because more than one category applies in some cases.)
For more, on these heroic women and men, see Committee to Protect Journalists’ website.
This is sobering, and very, very important.
Finally sucked it up and submitted my entry to Project Rooftop’s Fantastic Four redesign contest! I love superhero teams, especially ones who spend a lot of their time sciencing, so this was fun.
I decided to go with a midcentury-inspired/sci-fi look for their uniforms- not the most drastic change, of course, but I wanted something sleek that played around with the 4 iconography a bit more than usual. I Also took the bodysuit-as-wearable-computer concept a bit more literally with the optional retinal HUD, and made Ben a bit of a beefcake. Because why the hell not